Women Are Not The Lowly.

As a woman, I have felt the pressure to be who the world says I should be. I have seen images and heard voices tell me what I should look like and how I should dress. I have been told that I am nothing. I have been treated as though I am "just a woman", meaning I have no value or place in this world. I have been used, degraded, and verbally beaten down. I have believed that I am nothing and that I am not needed. 

I became the broken woman. 

I have seen and experienced this type of woman. I have been and have met the woman who lacks all self-esteem. Broken women are everywhere and can easily be recognized. A broken woman typically has poor posture, stares at the ground while walking, and does not go out of her way to engage in conversations or activities. She is usually quiet, reserved, and does everything to avoid drawing attention to herself. However, she is not the only type of broken woman. 

There is also the defiant broken woman. The self-proclaimed 'Miss Independent' who has the 'I don't need anybody but me, myself, and I' attitude. She is the opposite of the aforementioned broken woman. She will typically do all that she can to be the center of attention. She is the loudest one in a crowd, usually dressed promiscuously, and loves, loves, loves being the focus of everyone

I have been both types of broken women. I know what it's like to believe that I am nothing. I also know what it's like to think more highly of myself than I do of others. 

What is it that causes us to become these women? Was there a word or a phrase repeatedly said or spoken over us? Was it a result of verbal or physical abuse? Or was it perhaps jealousy over seeing others being treated more highly or differently than us? There could be multiple reasons why we think and act like we do. Whatever the reason, it doesn't matter. The cause of the brokenness is not the issue. Somewhere, at some point in our lives, a word, an image, a thought, was sparked and the enemy weaseled his way into our lives. There was a small crack that allowed him in and we were unaware of it. Over time, this crack with only a leak turned into a broken dam that allowed the thoughts and voices of the enemy to flood our lives. Every word that every person we encounter throughout our lives becomes our god. We take in and accept every word that is said about us. Even the words said about us with no ill intentions become twisted because our true identity has been manipulated.

Being broken is not a death sentence. There is hope and there is a way out. 



It is not until we come to know the One that knew our identity before we were even a thought on this earth, that we are able to start plowing through these lies. There is only one being that truly has the power to tell us who we are. God created each one of us, individually, with a purpose and for a purpose. 


"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart." 
-Jeremiah 1:5 NLT

God knew who we were before time began. He is a good father that makes no mistakes. He created us, each one, with an identity that only He could give. We are not accidents, losers, mistakes, worthless, less than, objects, or someone to be stepped on. We are daughters of the Most High God. 
When we truly view God as our father, we start to see ourselves as He sees us. We are brave, mighty, courageous, confident, authentic, and fierce. As daughters of God, we are a force to be reckoned with

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Married The Jesus Camp Kid.

Aspen Jade O'Brien

My Husband Leaves The Toilet Seat Up.