The Process.



Levi and I have been in high gear planning for our wedding that's coming up on August 20th. It has been quite the adventure since we got engaged almost a month ago. It's been exciting, slightly stressful, crazy, and full of adventure. I say slightly stressful because we, mostly I, have had moments of feeling like I don't know how this wedding is going to happen, but then I'm reminded of the goodness of God and it pulls everything back into focus. 

When it comes to planning, I am extremely organized and I love to plan, so I'm fairly confident this wedding will be planned before August. LOL. Who am I kidding, it will definitely be planned well before then, but getting from A to B is going to be a process. We have decided on making the decoration in order to be more frugal. I love creating things and seeing the end product after putting work into something so doing decorations for my own wedding is probably going to be one of my favorite things the next 3 months. We've got our bridal party picked out, flower girl and ring bearer, the venue, photographer, videographer, sound guy, coordinator, we've completed our registry (if you haven't seen our pre-registry video, you should check it out here), finalized our guest list, purchased most of the decorations, and paid the downpayment for the condo where we will be spending our honeymoon. I cannot wait to be relaxing on a beach with my best friend :D

One thing I have learned from all of this wedding planning is that it is so important to be aware of how much money you're spending and if the things you're buying are actually necessary or not, especially if you're trying to be cost-conscious. Levi and I don't have an unlimited supply of money for this, but we are doing the best we can to make things work and still be able to have the perfect wedding. 

From the very beginning, Levi and I decided that we were going to keep track of all the ways God has blessed us during our engagement. For starters, my mom makes the most beautiful flower arrangements I've ever seen and she is going to handle flowers for the wedding. My sister, Shannon, bakes and decorates the most delicious and appealing cakes you will ever taste and see and she is going to gift us with our cakes. We have had a couple people bless us financially and we've also had a couple that blessed us with tickets to a Royals game. We've had numerous people volunteer to help with whatever we need either during planning or for the wedding. Levi is also giving plasma to make a little extra money (he says I'm not allowed to do this) and he found a promo which pays him more than normal for his first five visits. Levi and I have been so overwhelmed by goodness of the people that God has placed in our lives and we can't imagine being anywhere else during this time. Levi has been so excited about the fact that we are engaged that he tells most people we come in contact with whether it's at a grocery store, during wedding shopping, or people we see on the street, and even they get excited for us. I can't begin to describe how great it feels to have so many people who support and encourage us. 

I definitely don't want this post to come across like we are asking for anything because we aren't. We know this day is going to be more about the people we spend it with and not so much the details of it all and that's how we both want it to be. I simply wanted to share about what God has done in a months time. I can't wait to see how else he shows up. I want to be able to look back at our wedding in awe at how good God really is.

Next on my wedding list...DRESS SHOPPING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Married The Jesus Camp Kid.

Aspen Jade O'Brien

My Husband Leaves The Toilet Seat Up.